Saturday, January 24, 2009

The Wednesday Letters


One of my many New Years resolution was to read a new book once a month. So for the month of January I read The Wednesday Letters.
The Wednesday Letters is the story of Jack and Laurel. Married 39 years, the Coopers lived a good life and appear to have had a near-perfect relationship. Then one night, with his wife cradled in his arms, and before Jack takes his last breath, he scribbles his final "Wednesday Letter."

When their three adult children arrive to arrange the funeral, they discover boxes and boxes full of love letters that their father wrote to their mother on every single Wednesday. As they begin to open and read the letters, the children uncover unimaginable adventures and the shocking truth about their past.

The Wednesday Letters has a powerful message about redemption and forgiveness. And it just might inspire you to begin writing your own Wednesday Letters.

I really enjoyed this book. I liked it so much that I read it in a day and a half.

The most important lesson to be learned from this book is the one about forgiveness. You have have the chance and want to read a book try this one out.




2 comments:

Ashley Bogard said...

I need to do that resolution too. I start reading and get super addicted then I just stop. Keep posting the good books you are reading.

Jason Wright said...

I'm so thrilled you enjoyed it :-)